Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fantasy Family

It's fantasy football time and this year I took the plunge for the first time. After picking the best available players in the fantasy draft, I devised a line up that any NFL coach would dream about. It was a good, solid team with high performance numbers from last year's fantasy football league. I knew I would not be number 1 in the league but number 2 or 3 was not going to be bad for a first year player. I was pretty confident in my team.

My wife found out I was playing so she inquired about the game and how it is played. Her response was, "This game sounds great, I think I want a fantasy family." Then came the list of requirements for her "Fantasy Family". Her number 1 pick went to the position of, you guessed it, dad. Number 2 and 3 went to the children and the last pick went to the fantasy dog. Her pick for fantasy dad had great stats. He led the league last year with always being in a good mood when he comes in from work. High numbers on "Honey Do Stats" of course. The fantasy children did what was asked of them and more. The fantasy children were great at helping with the dishes nightly and taking out the trash. The fantasy dog bathed itself and even went outside by itself. What more would a mom need in a fantasy family?

My fantasy football team is 0-5. I hope her fantasy family performs better than my fantasy team!

No comments: