Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Which is better #1 or #2?


I spend most days at work asking, "Which is better #1 or #2?" I know that it sounds boring to most. In reality, it is a wonderful career. I get to help people see. Nothing is better than hearing a young child put on glasses and say "I can see leaves on the trees now." or "Wow, I see the snowflakes!"

Everyone views life through their own set of lenses. Every now and then something happens that will change how one sees the world. This change may be initiated by a personal event, like marriage, the birth of a child, an illness, or even death. For others it might be war or political events that change this worldview. This change in vision can be a positive force in the world as well as negative.

There have been times in life when being second or even last has shaped what happened next. There have been other times when being first is the defining moment and nothing can top it. As for "Which is better #1 or #2? My simple answer is, "It depends." You say, "It depends on what?" That is when I say "It all really depends on what you are looking for!"

No comments: