Monday, July 27, 2009

Skirted Swimsuits and Tucked Shirts!

I just returned from a week at the beach and I have a couple of observations. I may not be as well known in the fashion industry as Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, or Mark Ecko, but I could teach a few people a couple of things about style. #1. Very few ladies should wear a fully skirted bathing suit. I know, you think it makes you look slimmer. Guess what, it is not even close to an optical illusion, and I know a thing or two about optical illusions. Unless you have got one of the new swimsuits with a three to four inch skirt for accent purposes only, most skirted swimwear only make women look, how should I say this, less slim. #2. And men, unless you are going to work or going to play eighteen holes of golf, you need to take those shirttails out of those jeans and shorts. That beer gut only looks bigger hanging over that belt with your golf shirt or tee shirt tucked into those cargo shorts. Yeah, you say that spare tire around you waist is what separates the men from the boys. I agree, but that tucked in shirt is making you look like a man with a beer gut!

No comments: