Friday, December 5, 2008

Grey's/Garry's Anatomy

I must confess that I enjoy the tv show Grey's Anatomy. I like the comraderie of the doctors in the hospital. Hospitals can be a city unto themselves. And yes, they are full of good looking doctors and nurses running around at all hours of the day and night. They can be fun places to work.

Sorry to let you down but this blog is not about McDreamy or McSteamy. It's not about a hot doctor named Izzy. It is more about McForty Four-almost McForty Five to be exact. Boy has life has changed or should I say the old anatomy has changed. No line bifocals for the eyes, anticholesterol meds for the heart, gray hair, thinning hair, and all kinds 0f hair growing out of various parts of the body. Not to mention the pain with running, lifting, and just getting out of bed. The old belt loop keeps getting let out one notch at a time.

With all these changes I wonder where did the old me go? The guy that use to get up at 5:00 am to do boot camp two days a week. The guy who use to lift weights three days a week at 5:00 in the morning and head to work. The guy who could stay up til the wee hours of the morning and head to work the next day revived and ready to go.

Just where did he go?

George Burns said, "You'll know you're old when everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work." Someone once said, "I think age is a high price to pay for maturity." I can tell you Garry's Anatomy is proof of this.

No comments: